Friday, November 12, 2010

Flashback to Spring Break 2007 - Habitat For Humanity


The pictures say everything about the trip. We're in different years at Bucks County Community College and had so much fun building houses for families in need, all while classmates were off spending their spring breaks getting drunk and sunburned on some sunny beaches somewhere. On one house we finished putting on the siding, installing interior window frames and painting the interior walls. On the house next door (seen in these photos) we put up the entire base and the frame - all within in one week. The guy leading the groups (Mike I think?) was shocked that we moved so quickly and appeared to know what we were doing. When it's all for a good cause, things come naturally!! The memories made during this trip will stay with me for the rest of my life. What's more - I will always remember that I made a difference in someones life. The woman who was getting one of the houses told me that she was so grateful that people, especially young people like me, were willing to give up their time to help her build her home. She will always remember us - and I will always remember that she has a home and a roof over her head.












































































No comments:

Post a Comment