As I mentioned in my 2017 Reading List post earlier this year, my goal this year is to read 55 books. I'm already 6 books behind schedule because 55 books translates to about 1 book a week! So, I have decided to participate in Caffeinated Book Reviewer's Fifth Annual March Take Control of your TBR Pile Challenge for some accountability. I'm competitive by nature so by having something an incentive, challenging and competitive will keep motivated.
- Link-up! This is open to everyone. If you do not have a blog then link your Goodreads account. It is a good idea to friend Kimberly if your shelves are private.
- Create a Goals/Updates/Results post (can be combined) It can also be a shelf on Goodreads. Be sure to friend Kimberly so she can see it.
- Books, Interrupted shelf on Goodreads is 2017-Take-Control-TBR
- Begins midnight March 1st, 2017 and ends March 31, 2017 at 11:59 pm.
- Read/listen to books from your TBR pile.
- The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah (completed March 4)
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn (completed March 4)
- Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness (since completed, but too late for the challenge)
- The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien (book club book I didn't finish in time)
- Rokitansky by Alice Darwin
- Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult
- Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon
- If I get to anything else, then I've surpassed my goal!
- ALL books/audios must have been published before March 1, 2017. I don’t care where you got them, so old ARCS count too.
- Post a review to Goodreads, or your blog then link it to the Rafflecopter for an entry. (these can be mini review)
- You can combine events, challenges etc.
- This is combined with my (Books, Interrupted) own 2017 goal of 55 books, and with my 13 goal for the read-women-2017 challenge on Goodreads.
- No novellas for this one peeps. Page count must be over 100 pages to qualify.
- The rafflecopter will only allow you to enter up to two books daily, so update as soon as you finish a book.
- Use hashtag #TakeControlTBR
- Twitter Party March 15th @ 7 pm (CST) The Ides of March. Come chat about books you have read and win prizes.
- 24-hour TBR read-a-thon Saturday, March 18th (sign-up will post in February) Grab your snacks, snuggle up and read until you drop! Instagram challenges and more.
- Earn extra entries for participating in the Twitter Party and 24-hour TBR read-a-thon
- Rafflecopter will close on April 2, 2017 at midnight and a winner will be chosen within 72 hours. Open internationally as long as Book Depositor ships to you. Prize: New 2016 release valued at up to 20 US dollars. I will do pre-orders as well. (may request eBook copy from Amazon or B&N)
Update: I read 2 books out of the 7 I was planning to read. At least it was something! I also wrote a results post about the challenge.