Tuesday, July 4, 2017

June Wrap-Up and July Forecast


Well, I think I was a bit overambitious for June considering I was traveling for half the month. I was really hoping I could get some books read in the car if I wasn't driving and listening to some audiobooks. Turns out I didn't have as much down time as I had anticipated!

Books Read in June

  1. The Alchemist by Paul Coelho
  2. Silence: The Power of Quiet in a World Full of Noise by Thich Nhan Naht

Posts for Books Read in June

None!

Posts for Books Read Before June

  1. The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien
  2. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
  3. The Boston Girl by Anita Diamant
  4. Bag Balm & Duct Tape: Tales of A Vermont Doctor by Beach Conger, M.D.

Reading Challenges Updates

No new challenges in June.

Audiobook Challenge 2017

This challenge goes all year along, so any audiobooks in 2017 count. Since I listened to 7 books so far this year, I am at the Weekend Warrior level.

Read Women 2017

This is a challenge on Goodreads that lasts all year long. I have completed 8 of the 13 books I plan to read this year.

2017 Goodreads Reading Challenge

12 books completed out of my 55 to read goal, which means I am 15 books behind schedule. Ahhhh!

Top Five

  1. Favorite Book: Silence: The Power of Quiet in A World Full of Noise by Thich Nhat Nahn because of it's content about cultivating mindfulness and the author's ability to break down the practice into manageable steps, and providing real life examples. This is my first time reading this book and I've had it book for a couple years, and I think that was subconsciously intentional because I wasn't ready until I was. I also just happen to participate in a 4-week Cultivating Mindfulness Workshop Series this spring, which helped give me some context for mindfulness practices.
  2. Least Favorite Book: The Alchemist by Paul Coelho - only because I had forgotten I had listened to it until I checked my Goodreads for the books I read in June. It didn't make a good enough impression on me for to even remember that I had listened to it.  
  3. Most Exciting Moment: being at my cousin's wedding and witnessing her perfect day marrying her best friend. They are made for each other. I am so happy I was able to be a part of it and witness their love for each other. 
  4. Least Exciting Moment: Realizing I had been in the car for a total of 48+ hours for a road trip just in travel between destinations, not including driving around said destinations. That's a lot of car riding without reading as much as I'd hoped!
  5. Favorite Part of June: I'm listing a few here:
    1. Attending my cousins wedding
    2. Launching my Pampered Chef Consultant business
    3. Making a weekend out of seeing 2 Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds concerts
    4. Seeing friends and family I rarely get to see

July Forecast

I plan to finish reading or listening to the 4 books on my Currently Reading List:
  1. The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck
  2. Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult 
  3. Rokitansky by Alice Darwin
  4. Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon
At least 1 post per week - content is TBD!

Happy Reading, and most of all Happy 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment