Friday, March 2, 2018

Review: Reading Progress to Date

If you follow my blog closely, you may have noticed that I haven't been posting much in the last couple of months. I was able to get plenty of posts done in December and early January, but not much since then because I am back to work full time. I was out of work for the month of December and then about a week in January due to illness, which left me with lots of free time to fill up!

What did I do with this extra free time when I wasn't sleeping? I was binge-watching TV shows, listening to audio books, and writing. That means I've "read" 8 books so far this year - and many of them are audio books. Which was awesome! Though ever since getting back to work, I let my passion of writing/blogging take a back seat.

Read so far in 2018 - 8 so far of my goal of 20 for the year! I intentionally set my goal low so that it would be attainable, and since I'm sure I'll complete it soon, I'm going to increase the number to TBD amount and see if I can reach that!
  • Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery (audio book)
  • Winter Street by Elin Hilderbrand (audio book)
  • Winter Stroll by Elin Hilderbrand (audio book)
  • The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod (ebook)
  • Winter Storms by Elin Hilderbrand (audio book)
  • Second Glance by Jodi Picoult (audio book, though I did have a paperback copy)
  • Edgar Allan Poe's The Raven & Other Tales by Edgar Allan Poe and Illustrated by Pete Katz (graphic novel)
  • Undying by Corina Bishop (audio book)
I am a bit behind on writing my reviews. Since Undying was given to me for free by the author, that will be one of the next reviews on the blog. Others to follow, and the Winter series may be combined into one review once I read, or listen to, the 4th book that just came out last fall.

My book club, Vermont Books n Brews, met last Saturday to discuss Anne of Green Gables. It was an amazing discussion, especially since I was able to finish the book, but it had been too long since I listened to the book to remember the details. That said, we also discussed books to read for the next few months and dates/times/locations.

Before I start March's selection (Emma by Jane Austen), I want to finish at least one of my currently reading books. One goal this year is to finish at least one book in my currently reading list before starting another one! And I refuse to start any more series until I finish ones I'm currently reading.

Currently Reading list - I am close to finishing 3 of these books, and a few of them are short so it'll be easy to finish any of them before starting the next book.
  • Winter Solstice by Elin Hilderbrand (audio book)
  • The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah (audio book)
  • A Simplified Life: Tactical Tools for Intentional Living by Emily Ley (hardcover, Classy Career Girl Network book club)
  • Becoming Myself: Reflections on Growing Up Female by Willa Shalit (hardcover)
  • When Strangers Meet: How People You Don't know Can Transform You by Kio Stark (hardcover)
  • Rokitansky by Alice Darwin (paperback)
  • Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon (paperback)
  • Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult (paperback)
  • The Dharma of Star Wars by Matthew Bortolin (paperback)
  • Pursuing Gold: A Novel of the Civil War by Cynthia Simmons (paperback)
Although, I am pretty excited about reading Emma, I'm not going to start it until I finish a book that I am already currently reading. I have a feeling it will either be Becoming Myself, When Strangers Meet, or The Dharma of Star Wars. There's a chance I'll finish at least two of those in the next week because they're short, I'm on a roll, and I'll have ample time to be listening to audio books in the near future.

Be on the lookout for:
  • A post about the books we're reading for Vermont Books n Brews
  • Review of Undying by Corina Bishop
  • A post related to my side hustle: Pampered Chef
  • Reviews of the other books I've read so far this year
That's all for now! Thanks for reading, and as always, please leave a comment below with your thoughts on any of these books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment