Sunday, September 13, 2009

Poem: Where Do I Go From Here?

don't know what to do
don't know what to say
don't know if it even matters anyway
not sure how to explain
what i feel deep down in my heart

it's like we're going our separate ways
like i'm trying to branch out
and you aren't, you're set in the way you are
where you are in your life is fine for you
i don't understand
i don't know why this is happening
always thought you'd be my best friend forever
that i could talk to you
about anything and everything
but this...
...this is different
and so much more difficult

reaching deep down inside myself
...trying to find the words
...the explanations, the excuses, the reasons
why i feel this way and what i think about all of this

the confusion never waivers
can't help but wonder
...if something better could come along
if there's life out there...
...a better future, more exciting than the one i see
But wondering has never gotten me anywhere

No comments:

Post a Comment