Monday, April 18, 2011

Fitness Success!

I went to the gym tonight in the hopes of improving my mood and increasing my energy. I succeeded. I didn't have any doubt that I would fail, mind you, I just didn't have the motivation to realize how great I would feel afterward. That is one of the biggest obstacles many people run into - not realizing just how great you always feel after a workout. How great I feel after an awesome workout has become one of my top reasons as to why it's important that I workout in the first place.

Yes, yes, I'm breaking a sweat and creating more laundry for myself and putting off some things to tomorrow that I could be doing today. It doesn't matter though because I'm in such a good mood that those "things" that supposedly "can't wait" will wait. Why? Because I will sleep better tonight and have more energy tomorrow to do those things that I put off.

In the long run (no pun intended), I will have more energy and feel better about myself and the world around me. I will also eventually look better, which will inadvertently make me feel even better about myself!! Working out on a regular basis (and eating healthier) creates more self-confidence which affects my attitude about myself. How I take care of and feel about myself affects how I will treat those around me, which will affect how people will treat me. It's a concept I figured out all by myself.

So as spring is (I hope) around the corner I am gearing up for softball season, bikini season, and a healthier, happier, and smarter me.

My goal is lose 15-20 pounds by the end of May. Current weight=138. Goal weight=118-123. The countdown is on!! 6 weeks and 20 pounds to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment