Monday, November 13, 2017

Poem: I Go To Nature To Be Soothed

the sounds of nature, the sights and smells blanketed, surrounded by the reminder of the outside world, civilization. two somehow become one and blend together to coexist amidst the chaos. i am constantly reminded of the other.

i go to nature to be soothed, to recharge, to be mindful, to nourish, and to welcome my newfound calmness.

nature helps me think, re-balance. reminds me that i am just one small cell, one small part of this larger thing called life. nature soothes me. silences me.

nature makes me think. clears my mind. reminds me of what's important in this life. gets me to
put pen to paper, mind to matter and to forget
about life for awhile. i get to shut off.
recharge. reset. and,
remember who i am.

"I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order." - John Burroughs

No comments:

Post a Comment