Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Poem: These Are The Days

Since most of what I've been writing for the last year or so on here are book reviews, I thought it was high time I finally get around to posting a poem. My writer's block when it comes to anything other than reviews has been strong until recently. Some poetry is slowly starting to work its way out of my system.

I started this poem on April 16th on what would've been the 12th anniversary of my relationship with my ex who passed away suddenly in 2013. While our relationship had turned into only friendship by the time he passed, he still holds a very dear place in my heart.

These are the days... for missing you.
These are the days... for standing strong.
These are the days... for moving on.
These are the days... for making waves.
These are the days... for living in the moment.
These are the days... for making memories.

These are the days... we've all been waiting for.
These are the days... we wanted to share together.
These are the days... with only your memory by my side. 
These are the days... we dreamed of when we were young.
These are the days... we never thought would arrive.
These are the days... taken to the Extreme.

No comments:

Post a Comment