Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Reading Challenge: Audiobook Challenge 2019

2019 marks the third year in a row that I am participating in this challenge hosted by Hot Listens and Caffeinated Reviewer. This challenge has helped me gain an appreciation and love for the audio book format. I didn't used to like audio books because I didn't think listening to a book really counted as "reading." It felted like cheating. I have since learned that while it technically doesn't count as reading the words, it still counts as absorbing the story. Listening to audio books has helped me to "read" more than I would have otherwise, and also books I wouldn't have read otherwise such as classics like Jane Austen novels that are hard to read. One of my favorite authors to listen to is Elin Hilderbrand because her writing is so easy to enjoy while I am multitasking.

That said, I enjoy a challenge and I am super competitive so I enjoy trying to outdo myself. So far I've been able to do that with this challenge. In 2017, I was the Stenographer (see below) and in 2018 I skipped a level and achieved the Binge Listener level by listening to 24 audiobooks (as of Dec. 15). For 2019, my goal will be 25 to achieve at least the same level as 2018, if not more.

There are seven Achievement Levels:
Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
Stenographer (can listen while multitasking) 10-15
Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+
Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 50+

In the blogger-sphere, signing up is called "linking up" so if you'd like to link up for this challenge, hop on over to Caffeinated Reviewer's link up post where you'll also find the rules. You do not need to be a blogger to join - you can link up using your Goodreads, Facebook, LibraryThing or other account.

No comments:

Post a Comment