Saturday, September 3, 2016

Review: The Boys in the Boat: Nine Americans and Their Epic Quest for Gold at the 1936 Berlin Olympics

The Boys in the Boat: Nine Americans and Their Epic Quest for Gold at the 1936 Berlin Olympics The Boys in the Boat: Nine Americans and Their Epic Quest for Gold at the 1936 Berlin Olympics by Daniel James Brown
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This took me over a year to finally finish reading, but with the 2016 Summer Olympics having just happened I figured it'd be a great time to finish it.

I certainly enjoyed the story and the writing style so that kept me going once I sat down to read. I think it almost hindered me because I never made the time to read this book because I knew I wouldn't be able to put it down. So I finally decided tonight that I'd keep reading til I was done and 2 hours later here I am writing my review and I don't feel guilty about staying up too late.

In all, Brown's writing style made me feel like I was one of the young men who grew up poor, and then I felt like I was right there on the water vying for a spot on the varsity boat, and eventually as if I were a member of the crew team that won the Olympics.

Such a great story!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment