Thursday, September 1, 2016

Review: Lone Wolf by Jodi Picoult

Audiobook
Published February 28th 2012 by Recorded Books

Jodi Picoult never fails to write a wonderful story that keeps you wondering what's going to happen next. I love that she keeps the punchline a secret until nearly the end of the book. It's the suspense that keeps me from putting the book down (or stop listening in this case)!

I kept wondering whether Luke was going to wake up or if they'd take him off life support or keep him on it for any length of time. I feel like it could've gone either way and the decision/result is ultimately what was needed for the story and for the characters.

I'm not sure how I feel about the ending and the ultimate choice the family made. I also didn't understand the point of the epilogue and how it tied, or rather didn't, into the rest of the story. I think it would've had a better impact on the reader had the epilogue been about how the family members are doing after their decision and what they're all up to now. If that's the only complaint I have of Jodi's story, then it's not much of a complaint or critique is it?

Rating: 5 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment