Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Day 2011

This year is different in so many ways. The simplest way to explain the differences is that time has changed my perspective. Our lives change & subtly, so do the major holidays. We’re each making choices to live our lives and spend our holidays differently than we used to. As nice as it’d be to have everyone together again, I think we’re all happier with the way it is – with each of us doing what we enjoy and what is possible at this stage in our lives.

I’m thankful to have my family and friends – the ones I know who truly care about me are the ones who’ve been there for me through good times and bad.  You actually tell me or show me that you care about me, unlike other people who just claim we’re friends but then never do anything about it. The holidays are a time to show the ones you love just how much you love them – not by the number of gifts, but by the quality of time you spend with them.  If you can’t spend the holidays with certain people, a few simple words will definitely go a long way and can make all the difference to someone. It’s not just during the holidays though that a few simple nice gestures will make a difference. A few kind words always make a positive difference especially when it’s least expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment