Friday, February 22, 2013

Poem: Friday Night

I’m up against the rage of the storm
I’m determined to make it on my own
And I want you to know that
I’m willing and I’m able to endure the suffering
that only brings out the best in me
I’ve dreamt of better days
and I’ve made it through worse nights
I’ve reached for your hand to help me through
and all I’ve found is your face behind closed eyes
I’m only getting stronger, going through this alone
because every little bit of suffering
brings out the best in me

Every little bit
Every little bit of suffering
Brings out the best
From within the soul

And the depths of the heart
Are revealed to the world
Thru every little bit of suffering
Little bit of suffering
Every little bit of suffering
Can break the heart
And tear the soul

but in the end
Each and every broken piece
falls back into place
Because every little bit of suffering
Brings out the best in me
©18 July 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment