Saturday, February 16, 2013

What Habitat for Humanity means to me...

It means seeing the grateful expressions on the faces of the people we've helped.

It's knowing I've personally made a positive impact on a future or current Habitat homeowner's life when they break down in tears of joy and gratitude trying to come up with the words to thank volunteers for coming together to build them a home.

Habitat means giving someone the opportunity to turn a house into a home when they wouldn't otherwise have the opportunity to do it themselves.

It's making a difference in my own community. When I can have an impact here at home, I don't feel the need to travel across the world to make a difference.

It's having a sense of belonging to a local community and being able to give back.

It's helping to give others the opportunity to have a roof over their heads and the peace of mind knowing it's affordable and built with love and built well. I've grown up with a roof over my head and I enjoy helping others be able to give that experience to their children.

It's being able to show my faith by helping others. I'd rather be out helping someone than sitting in church.


No comments:

Post a Comment