Saturday, February 23, 2013

Poems: Time Will Change Love

I never understood love until I met you
and I was never in love until I met you
I never dreamed of being in love like I am with you
and when we were together I never dreamed I'd ever love anyone else

I learned a lot about love from you
and a lot about hearts
I've learned a lot about dreams
And a lot about time changing things

somehow, since you've been gone,
this time around,
I can breathe again
somehow
I can dream again of other things
And understand, without too much pain,
that time will change
and just because we want it to be
doesn't necessarily mean we'll be together forever.

I’ve learned that
time has changed us, and always will
it's inevitable
And we can’t control time or love
and time will change my love for you

©7 July 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment